We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ndogo Safari

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ndogo Safari

we are booked on the Superior Ndogo safari with First Choice this November. anyone already done this safari? Any tips? Which lodges did you stay at?

Thanks in anticipation of your replies guys!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ndogo Safari

We've just returned from this safari. It was a wonderful experience. The first night was at Severin camp. These tents have actual roofs and showers, and are top notch. There was a power cut and I started my shower by candle light which was funny but it soon restored. Power cuts are common. The food here was a la carte.

The second lodge was Kilaguni Serina, again beautiful place, amazing view over the waterhole while eating your evening meal. The food here is buffet style and very good.

The third was Ngutuni Lodge and the rooms here were the best and very big. It over looked a waterhole which was very close and at night elephants were tramping round the garden and eating the trees, amazing. Food is buffet and excellent.

The safari itself is a bumpy ride and you get very dirty from the dust and wind when poking your head through the roof. Take wet wipes during your drives for freshen up, also your clothes will get very scruffy. It's also an idea to carry a few mints or sweets rather than siping too much water due to the limited toilet stops available. One of our stops was the hole in the ground business, no loo roll or taps. So another tip would be to take plenty wet wipes or antibacterial hand gel.

500 shillings per day tip for the guide/driver is recommended, but we gave ours at the end of the trip as we had the same guide each day. All the waiting staff expect tips but don't give to everyone or you'll be out of pocket very quickly, and it's not compulsory. People will ask you to change pound coins for shillings saying they got them in tips, but it is one of their scams to get more back, we gave £2 equivalent when we worked it out. It was our hotel guards that liked to try this one.

Just enjoy ,it's an experience. When you see how most of them live whilst taking your drive to the game reserves, you'll see why they are so desperate for any extra they can get.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ndogo Safari

Thanks for the news. Did you leave your main luggage at the hotel? Was it ok? Did you leave passports in the hotel safe or take them with you?

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ndogo Safari

Our cases were left at the hotel in a locked room, with everyone elses that were also off on tours. We left ours padlocked and they were absolutely fine. We handed our passports and money in at the money exchange/lock-up. It was all above board, you put your things in an envelope and seal it, then add your name etc. It's well protected with bars and locks. You get a receipt for all items left, which must be kept safe to hand in on your return.

There's no point risking keeping your passport with you, as it's not a country you'd want to get stranded in for too long. Also, all your English money and travellers cheques you won't need on safari are much safer being left behind.

surrey
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Ndogo Safari

that is useful for us too, thank you. We are also going there this Nov. we are there between 10th & 25th. were you staying at the southern palms beach resort?

EMMA

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ndogo Safari

Firstly thanks for an excellent review and the info.

Sorry Emma we are staying at the Severin Sea Lodge but you may be on the same flight? It is First Choice flight at 11.25pm on Wednesday 8th November from Manchester!

blackpool
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Ndogo Safari

hi there i am also booked on the superior safari in dec how did you get on on your trip have you any tips for me. hope it was good.

karen

manchester
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Ndogo Safari

Hi all, we are going on the safari in October, and the advise i have read on here has been a great help....but is there any thing more we should know...

Lauren

North Wales
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ndogo Safari

Were off on the 29th August to Severin Sea Lodge and doing the Ndogo Superior Safari, all the advice has been great many thanks

I will report back on my return

j56
isle of wight
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Ndogo Safari

going on the superior ndogo safari in october 13th

staying at the voyager beach

10. Re: Ndogo Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2009, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Tsavo National Park...