We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon - where to stay on Tioman?! JapaMala? Salang?

Which Pulau Tioman hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon - where to stay on Tioman?! JapaMala? Salang?

Hi there,

My fiance and i are travelling to Malaysia mid Sept for our honeymoon. We are going to visit Tioman and need some assistance as to what parts of the island to go to.

After reading some reviews, I came across JapaMala resort? This might be an ideal spot to relax and unwind for a couple of days.

Does anyone have any other recommendations of other resorts that would be awesome for the honeymoon?

Also, I have heard of Salang which is more of a "backcrowd" place. We would be interested in going to a second area on Tioman. We would also be looking for nice beaches, a nice place to stay (beach house/hut/resort/etc) and be able to walk to different restaurants and bars at night.

Looking forward to all your advice!!!!!!

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon - where to stay on Tioman?! JapaMala? Salang?

Japamala Resort are the most expensive resort at Tioman Island...if i not mistaken room rates per night is RM2000 and lowest is RM600 per night..its private places and isolated for other world.Its was right resort for luxury style..

Salang and Juara are the best beach at Tioman Island..more option in term of food ,beach and accommodation.

http://www.pulautioman.com.my/Juara.html

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon - where to stay on Tioman?! JapaMala? Salang?

Hi Erin,

I visited Japamala a couple of years ago with my partner and it was lovely. But do keep in mind it's a secluded place, a few days stay would give you a nice relaxing feeling after that it may turn to boredom ;)

The rates are on the expensive side of the scale, but it's well worth it.

Enjoy Malaysia!

Pauline

Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon - where to stay on Tioman?! JapaMala? Salang?

Thanks, we're looking for somewhere to just relax and vedge for a few days, then take off somewhere else.

Should we look into staying at Juara instead?

Does anyone know of any other expensive places on the island to stay. We are on our honeymoon so looking for four or five star places.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,838 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon - where to stay on Tioman?! JapaMala? Salang?

Tioman is not really a five-star hotel kind of island. Japamala, and the 3/4 star Berjaya Tioman are as good as it gets.

Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon - where to stay on Tioman?! JapaMala? Salang?

Thanks!

Not sure if you've been to Perhentian or Redant, but if you have, do you have any suggestions on where to stay and which island we should go to out of the two?

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,838 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon - where to stay on Tioman?! JapaMala? Salang?

Again, neither Perhentian or Redang are 5-star hotel island places. People go to these islands for the sun, sand and sea and accommodation options can be very basic and bare-bones.

Redang has the Taaras, which is the re-badged Berjaya Redang, Coral Redang and Laguna Redang. Perhentian is more basic and has simpler accommodation options.

All three islands have crystal clear waters, white sandy beaches and coral reefs and marine life in abundance.

Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon - where to stay on Tioman?! JapaMala? Salang?

Because we are going in mid sept-beginning of Oct, we realized that the east side of malaysia would be the best in terms of weather.

If Perhentian or Redang aren't great places to go, where would you recommend visiting? We are looking for probably 3-4 different places to visit.

8. Re: Honeymoon - where to stay on Tioman?! JapaMala? Salang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:42
Get answers to your questions about Pulau Tioman