We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.

Which Pulau Tioman hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.

Is it necessary to pre-book ferry tickets from Mersing to Tioman? Or can you just wing it? (Bussing up from Singapore). Saw the ferry booking site online...limited seats etc...please book and pay now. Travelling there in June. Any advice welcome...tx.

31 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.

We just turned up and bought tickets but I think at busy times it might be better to buy them in advance.

If you're going on a Friday or a Saturday book in advance to be safe I suppose...

Johor Bahru...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.

Hi Jeremy,

I work with Mersing ferry company Bluewater Express(currently the only ferry operator). If you would like to find out more about our service, check out our new web : www.tiomanisland.com.my . You can book it online far in advance.

The standard Mersing -Tioman- Mersing return boat fare is only RM70.00 per adult .So, Buy the RIGHT FARE I.e. RM70.00 . Not 30 greenback!

Cheers,

Jim

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.

I have been informed by Bluewater Express ,they will increase fare RM110.00 for return ,those who want depart early morning before 7.00am .

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.

Jim, do you have a ferry timetable for May ?

Johor Bahru...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.

Hi Rachel,

May 's ferry timetable would be published some time mid or by 3rd week of April hence you can check back with us next month. Due to tidal change schedule is vary from day to day. Drop us a mail / or ring us for further details. www.tiomanisland.com.my.

Jim

Chiang Mai, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.

The services of ferry company - BLUE WATER EXPRESS was terrible !! One of the worker's attitude is not acceptable at all. I watched him scolding some passengers and purposely left one of the passenger's luggage in tioman's jetty. The two passengers were so innoconent. As we are from the same nation, I went to have a chat with them to have a better understanding of the whole situation. These couple was staying in paya beach resort. They received fantastic treatment from the resort's staff. The staff offered them to put the luggage on the motor carrier so that they can walk freely to the jetty from resort. They saw those ferry workers were loading up the luggage to ferry. Therefore, they just went in to the ferry without double checking their luggage. But in fact, the ferry workers PURPOSELY left the luggage in the jetty and claimed that the passenger has to hand-in personally the luggage to them !!

As a result, the couple reached the jetty WITHOUT their luggage being shipped over !!! The worst part is , the ferry worker SCOLDED the couple terribly and admit that he PURPOSELY left the luggage in the jetty without helping them to ship over !!! By giving the reason that, this is NOT under their JOB SCOPE !!!!!

Oh GOSH .... this is unacceptable at all.. Cant believe that this kind of service still exist in Malaysia. I am so shame of the Blue wave express company of having such black sheep. And sorry to hear that the pity couple were being scolded.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.

My husband and I have booked a package with a resort on Tioman which of couse includes a ferry.

Can we catch any ferry ? we would prefer to book beforehand. as travelling 1st July.

How many ferry operators are there ?

Also how do we pay for the ferry? Do we claim the money back when we get to the resort ?

Thanks.

Seremban, Malaysia
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.

My family plan to go Tioman on 02 November 2013. I can't get any ferry time table on November from internet, can you kindly let me know the depart time from mersing and return time from kg genting on 03 November 2013? Also, please advise since i heard ppls said that is monsoon session so maybe ferry not available. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

Ipoh, Malaysia
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.

my family aldy booked room at berjaya resort on 13 & 14 oct 2013. wish to get ferry time table from Mersing -berjaya resort tioman and Tioman- Mersing return boat fare .

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.

DO NOT book with www.mersingtiomanferry.com/, bad service.

Reply to: Ferry, Mersing to Pulau Tioman Malaysia.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pulau Tioman