We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling on the islands

Petersfield, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
Snorkelling on the islands

We are not divers, but adore snorkelling.Sipadan Water Village looks very nice, does anyone know if we can snorkel straight off the beach? Or recommend another island resort that maybe better? Many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling on the islands

Unfortunately you can't stay on Sipadan island anymore as the goverment is trying to protect the habitat around that area.

In fact, you need a permit to dive/ enter the island - which is very hard to get.

I just came back from Kapalai resort (Aug 08) and I'm not a diver, the people at the resort to me it's impossible for me to go snorkelling in Sipadan - which was a shame as I was really looking forward to is... I wish they have told me that before I went!

I've written a review on Kapalai resort, it's still pending on tripadvisor~ should be up in a few days. You can read about my experience then.

Will also upload some photos once I've sorted them out.

2. Re: Snorkelling on the islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 10:20