We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mabul Island - Where to stay?

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Mabul Island - Where to stay?

Hi,

Me and my partner are looking for some advice on where to stay on Mabul island. We are planning to spend 4 days there. I want to do a day of diving at Sipadan and spend the rest of time relaxing on the beach and doing some snorkeling. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to stay that is not too expensive?

Thanks for any help

Ash

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,421 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mabul Island - Where to stay?

Have a look at sabahtourism.com/sabah-malaysian-borneo/…

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
4 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mabul Island - Where to stay?

Borneo Divers has excellent snorkling, whereas some of the other accomodation nearby does not.

kota kinabalu
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mabul Island - Where to stay?

yes. you can stayed at Borneo divers mabul resort.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,606 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mabul Island - Where to stay?

Hi ash

for inexpensive stay goto

http://www.scuba-junkie.com

http://scubajeff.wordpress.com

Cheers

5. Re: Mabul Island - Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 17:28
Malaysia
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mabul Island - Where to stay?

Sipadan Water Village Resort in Mabul Island, great resort and not too expensive.

travel-living-bliss.com/sipadan-island-arriv…

Mentioned in this post
Sipadan Water Village Resort
Sipadan Water Village...
196 Reviews
Pulau Sipadan, Malaysia
Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mabul Island - Where to stay?

Have stayed in a home-stay on Mabul several times, inexpensive and comfortable.

www.geocities.com/arunghayat

8. Re: Mabul Island - Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 November 2009, 14:36
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mabul Island - Where to stay?

Hi,

You can find some very low budget accommodation on Mabul island. I will recommend Panglima, clean and descent comfort. No private bathroom but you have clean toilet and good shower on a deck in front of the sea very nice to shower there...

Scuba jeff is a very nice place to hang out, the owner is very friendly but their jetty is in a really bad shape and it's very scary to cross over...

An other one is Arung hayat, if you go there don't pay for your own bathroom doesn't value the extra money...

Hillingdon
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mabul Island - Where to stay?

I really think it depends on your budget.

Mabul is not pretty at all but if you are on a budget and really going for the diving & snorkeling then its ok. The island was very polluted with lots of rubbish around the place, also the bore water (used for showering etc) smells awful.

Kapalai was amazing through, they bring in their own water from the mainland and the accommodation, food and experience is amazing - well worth getting quotes and comparing things for yourselves. When i compared all of them Kapalai was not out of reach at all and i'm not what i consider to be a high end traveller.

Jen