We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sipadan worth the money just for snorkeling?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
176 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sipadan worth the money just for snorkeling?

I have to decide if booking Sipadan, probably I'll only snorkel. The price for the day trip is quite high in comparison to trips to the surroundings islands (490 for sipadan, 100 for the other islands),

is it worth the difference in price?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
214 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sipadan worth the money just for snorkeling?

Hi Giulia,

Short answer : could be.

It depends on the water conditions and your abilities. If the water is reasonably calm and currents slow permitting you to snorkel around the reef, it could be amazing. We had ggod conditions and saw turtles, napoleon, sharks, barracudas and bumpheads while snorkeling during the lunchbreak. The corals were magnificent.

I don't know how protected the other islands are, but you probably won't see such a spectacular scenery elsewhere, but if you're interested in tiny stuff and are good at freediving, I believe the other sites offer rahter decent snorkeling.

2. Re: Sipadan worth the money just for snorkeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 04:16