We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayfair Hotel Sandakan

New Zealand
Level Contributor
152 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Mayfair Hotel Sandakan

Hi there, does anyone know if these guys have a website or an email address I could contact them on? Would also like to see any pictures of the rooms as considering booking here in August. Any help appreciated thank you.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayfair Hotel Sandakan

Did you find any way to contact them? I'm looking at going there in November...

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayfair Hotel Sandakan

hello!

Gave them a call, they do not seems to have any website or email address, pretty traditional kind of hotel i reckons. Anyway you could give them a call for booking: +6089-219 855

Brisbane
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayfair Hotel Sandakan

We just returned from Borneo 3 days ago and stayed at the Mayfair Hotel Sandakan for 1 night. It was pretty last minute and we simply telephoned in the morning for that night. No website or email as far as I am aware.

It was a great place to stay - spotlessly clean, well run, air con, huge tv and dvd in the room and in a great spot for getting around town. If your there on a Sunday the Sunday market is right on your doorstep. Breakfast wasn't included but we went about 30 metres up the road to Hawaii for breakfast about 6RM for a continental brekky.

Didn't take any pics but we had three single beds in our room and we still had room to move around. HOpe this helps.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayfair Hotel Sandakan

Thanks all!

Is there much to see in Sandakan itself? I'm spending time at Sepilok and Kinabatangan at the start of the trip but was wondering whether it's worth a few nights in Sandakan on the way back?

Cheers!!

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayfair Hotel Sandakan

hello there!

i stayed in Sandakan for a year, and my advise, if you would like to stay in Sandakan Town, 1 night would be enough. Its a pretty small town where you could finish the city tour in just 1 day.

Nickie

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayfair Hotel Sandakan

What would you advise to see and do in Sandakan? We arrive at 1pm and are there until 10am the next morning?

Many thanks

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mayfair Hotel Sandakan

Hi chantelleleg,

Sandakan..do not miss the local seafood. You can get them at Tanah Merah. There is a number of seafood restaurant that serve real good seafood over there.

You could visit The Agnes Keith House, also known as Newlands - two-storey home of local author Agnes Newton Keith and her husband Harry Keith (Conservator of Forests and Curator of the North Borneo Museum). The Keiths lived on this site from 1930 to 1952: they rebuilt the present house on the foundations of their pre-war home which had been destroyed in World War II. Mrs. Keith wrote several books about Sabah and its people, including Land Below the Wind, Three Came Home, and White Man Returns, and a novel, Beloved Exiles.

Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple - completed in 1987, this fiery red and gold temple overlooks the town centre.

Sandakan very own water village, kampung Buli Sim Sim.

Sepilok Orang Utan Centre, 14km from town centre.

Labuk Monkey Sanctuary,

Sandakan Crocs farm, 1 of the very first in Sabah

Nickie

8. Re: Mayfair Hotel Sandakan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 06:21