We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip in Sandakan

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
day trip in Sandakan

Hello everyone,

I plan to go to Sandakan next month. I will arrive from Kota Kinabalu by Airasia flight appx at 7.50 am and stay overnight.

Would you help me to recommend what should I visit (orang utan sac, that is a must) during this stay please?

thank you

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip in Sandakan

Hi,

You could visit Sepilok (orangs) for the morning feed and then head to Labuk bay to see the probiscus monkeys after. That'll take most of a day. Day 2 you could explore Agnus Keith house and the tea gardens next door, the war memorial, the 'new' Buddhist temple on top of the hill with great views, other old churches/temples (we found the really 'old' buddhist/tao temple very interesting), wonder around town - have lunch on the waterfront at a local cafe. Depends on how much time you have and your interests I guess...

Enjoy!

- K

Mentioned in this post
Sepilok
Sepilok
Sandakan Division, Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip in Sandakan

Hi Carol790606,

You could join a day trip which covers the places KGB mentioned,they will also take you to Labuk Bay where you can get up closed with proboscis monkeys. Airport pick up is included,tour normally ends around 8pm where they will drop you off at your hotel in Sandakan.

Nickie

3. Re: day trip in Sandakan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 22:17