We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crystal quest update

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
638 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
crystal quest update

Thought i would post this as an up to date post on Crystal Quest enquiries. There is another long thread on same topic

I have recently received notification from Crystal Quest that:

"Sorry we are fully booked as JULY & AUGUST are the peak months."

So after about 4 or 5 emails since 1Jan13 no luck for me :-( (trying to book first week july). Unsure about others but when i put the subject of the email as: ATTN Sophia the response was very quick not sure if that is relevant?

They have provided a list of travel companies to contact for quotes - am guessing these prices will be at least twice of crystal quest. Once i get quotes back i will post to give others an idea of who and how much.

the moral of the story: book EARLY & be persistant

Atlanta
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: crystal quest update

Our experience would suggest that Tour operators 'block book' Selingan. Email to Crystal Quest didn't get any response, so I called. On the day we wanted there was no availability, although CQ did offer later dates, so it is possible to book direct. I repeated the call at 3 months, 2 months and 3 weeks before arrival -all with the same response, leaving us no option to book via a tour company at a hefty premium.

We were therefore surprised to find not 52 visitors (max. for a 'sold out' date) but barely one third of that! Maybe they had lots of minute cancellations? Or, more likely, the tour operators just didn't make the numbers, but held onto the rooms.

22. Re: crystal quest update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 05:17