We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lankayan or Turtle Island

Which Sandakan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lankayan or Turtle Island

Hi

I am pulling together a trip to Malaysia in late may - I was planning to stay overnight on Turtle Island as part of a tour but have been put off by the very expensive prices for what sounds like a horrible place to stay - if I was to visit Lankayan end of may would I have a good chance of seeing turtles hatch there too?

If not I will go for the turtle island trip as it is about the experience first, then will go on to do a 2N3D Kinabatangan river cruise.

Thanks

Adam

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lankayan or Turtle Island

Hi Adam,

During my last visit to Lankayan,i was inform that you'll get a good chance of seeing turtle hatching if you stay for about 4 nights with them. And there is a better chances if you visit them in June-Sept.

You can check out this site for more info:

http://lankayan-island.com/

Whale Sharks come visiting in between of March and May too.

Nickie

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
36 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lankayan or Turtle Island

Hi WE did turtle island last August, island lovely , saw turtles laying eggs, hatching in sand pens and released them , so you really dosee everything. Island was chilled place to swim and just relax by day, lovely air cond ensuite rooms, comfey beds. Buffet food laid on, drinks available, not greates range or quality, but we wre there for the turtles and so glad we did it, a highlight of a 6 week trip! You need to book though as very full up and only 40 beds (?) on the island

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
36 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lankayan or Turtle Island

WE also did the 2 night jungle cruise, booked with Sepilock jungle resort, stayed at Billit adventure lodge, really good boat trips and accomadation

4. Re: Lankayan or Turtle Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 07:20