We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International money transfer (MYR) - Myne resort payment

Nottingham, United...
1 post
Save Topic
International money transfer (MYR) - Myne resort payment

Hi

I am trying to book a 4d3n package direct with the Myne resort. They will only accept payment for the deposit by bank transfer. Unfortunately, I can't find a british bank that will transfer MYR and none of the international currency transfer companies appear to transfer MYR either. How have people paid for their deposits at the Myne resort?

The banks have said that they can transfer sterling over to Malaysia but Myne resort are unwilling/unable to confirm that this would be accepted by their bank

Thanks

Paul

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
114 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International money transfer (MYR) - Myne resort payment

It should not be a problem. I regularly send money to Malaysia in USD and it gets converted to the then current exchange rates. MYR has weakened recently so you had more for your GBP.

NetMaestro

Malaysia
Level Contributor
332 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International money transfer (MYR) - Myne resort payment

Hi Paul, normally you would transfer GBP from your country in equal amount to MYR required. Upon receipt by their bank in M'sia, it would be converted to MYR on the day's bank exchange rate plus a smal fee.

3. Re: International money transfer (MYR) - Myne resort payment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 05:18