We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel vaccinations borneo

Lancashire
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel vaccinations borneo

Hi we are travelling from the uk and going on the jungle cruise in sandakan for a night my nurse recommended to get the Japanese encephalitis jab however my boyfriend who is at a different surgery didn't get told that. Just wondering what other people did as it is quite expensive if we don't really need it

Thanks

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,028 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel vaccinations borneo

On the advice of my GP, I have had tetanus and polio, which you should have anyway, Typhoid and Hep A. I've travelled in the area you intend.

For mozzies, I just use a good DEET based repellent.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
162 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel vaccinations borneo

I didn’t get one - just the regular hep shots ect that you probably have already have and Malaria pills – but I’m not a doctor…..

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel vaccinations borneo

Wouldn't suggest taking medical advice from a forum, no one knows your medical history, If you are not sure go back and ask them why you were recommended it vs the advice your bf got.

4. Re: Travel vaccinations borneo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:24