We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuna Bay - all inclusive package

Which Pulau Perhentian Besar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tuna Bay - all inclusive package

Hi

I'm planning to stay at Tuna Bay,and the all inclusive package (breakfast, lunch & dinner) seems a decent price.

Does anyone have any reviews on the all inclusive meals? i.e. was the choice of food good, does it change daily, tasty etc..?

Alternatively, are there any other restaurant recommendations on the island?

Regards

Tom

Spain
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuna Bay - all inclusive package

Cannot answer you, Tom, but want to know where you get the inclusive package - is it with a Brit travel agent?

Petaling Jaya
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuna Bay - all inclusive package

Hi Tom...it's good if you are planning to stay at Tunabay Resort. what can i say is the food is quite nice and it changes daily. well as for the restaurant, you might want to come to Tuna bay's restaurant called Tuna Cafe. it's a very nice cafe.they serve variety Asian and Continental dishes. for more info about Tuna Bay and Perhentian Island, visit their official website www.tunabay.com.my and for the package details www.tunabay.com.my/packages_promotions.html. have a nice holiday...

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuna Bay - all inclusive package

Hi Tom,

If you are just staying few nights, all inclusive is quite decent as there is only ABC resort next door. When you are bored, just pop over the next door restaurant which is cheap for a meal.

london
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuna Bay - all inclusive package

Our plan was to stay 6 nights (per Tuna Bay promotion web page):

2 nights Package 1 all inclusive. + transfer + 2 snorkelling sessions- RM 460

4 extra nights all inclusive - 4 x 160 = RM 640

Grand total - RM 1100 (+5% gov tax)

My gf mailed TB inquiring about the above package, and we received an interesting reply back from Tuna Bay today stating they "strongly" recommend we should avoid the package deal and just book the chalet room (includes just breakfast) at 200 per night (RM 1200!!), and pay the lunch & dinner and the snorkelling separately!!!!!!!!!!

Overall, I'm not impressed with this mail / blatant attempt to overcharge me from Jimmy Lee/Tuna Bay.

Thanks for all your replies above, but I'm now re-assesing my Perhentian stay with another hotel.

Rgds

Tom

Hong Kong, China
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuna Bay - all inclusive package

Hello there!

I'm flying in from KL to KT in the early morning of 15 March via Air Asia. You may purchase these one-way tickets online from their website. The price is as low as RM9.99 (but I got it for RM55).

re accommodation:

You may try this local travel agent called PA Travel (http://www.pinganchorage.com.my/home.htm). It's been recommendated by Lonely Planet and I found them very friendly and useful (You won't wanna know the pain I've gone through in contacting other travel agents/hotels: suffice to say that one of the travel agents told me to come back to them in March as they won't do any booking till then!)

I'm staying in KT for 2 nights doing the inlands, then hop to Perhentian Tuna Bay for 2 nights, ending my trip by staying at Gemia Island for 2 nights. Since there is no direct transportation between Perhentian and Gemia, I'm forced to travel back to KT.

re going for full-board package / room only:

I chose the room only deal, as the price for a la carte menu in Tuna Bay and Gemia is quite reasonable, and I'll have the choice of trying other restaurants.

Hope it helps:)

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuna Bay - all inclusive package

hey tom,

i notice their package is more expensive than if i book seperately too. i wrote a LONG email asking them why isit more expensive to book the same thing as a package than to book seperately.

sorry to say, i did not get a reply from them.

anyhow, i proceeded with my bookings and jimmy's reply was prompt. somehow, my first email was completely ignored by them even tho my email all along was the same email.

putting that aside, after many research and reviews, i believe what u pay for is what you get. so, tunabay is abit more expensive than the rest but it looks more comfy and clean!

as food is the least of my concern... sorry i cant help you with food review~ Just bring lotsa instant cup noodle along wit u >.^

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuna Bay - all inclusive package

Abdul Chalet much more cheaper compare then TunaBay..just on same stretch beaches ..good services,cleanliness,value of money..nice food..well the right choice at trips advisor

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuna Bay - all inclusive package

Abdul Chalet much more cheaper compare then TunaBay..just on same stretch beaches ..good services,cleanliness,value of money..nice food..well the right choice at trips advisor

9. Re: Tuna Bay - all inclusive package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 06:18