We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches good for swimming in Perhentian Besar (or Kecil)

The Land of...
Level Contributor
43 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches good for swimming in Perhentian Besar (or Kecil)

Hello there,

Can anyone give good info on beaches good for swimming? I mean, beaches where waters are clear and calm with sandy bottom - as I'm not that much for snorkeling or, more, diving (lacking totally of any experience). But I would like to be able to swim from the place I'm staying to some nearby rocks, coast, coral reef where I'll be able to watch some life in the waters.

Thanks for your time and help.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches good for swimming in Perhentian Besar (or Kecil)

Front of Abdul Chalet ..have house reef..near the jetty.My advise..just take snorkeling trips..only RM30 for 3-4 hour..too see more marine life.

The Land of...
Level Contributor
43 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches good for swimming in Perhentian Besar (or Kecil)

Thank you redangislandorg.

After reading so many good comments on Abdul's Chalet, I'll take your advice, too, and go on with booking with them. I've tried to find an email address without success. Only a couple of phone numbers but, it seems, at least one of them is mis-printed: one time it ends to a ...7303 and the other to a ...7330. :-)

It seems that the islands are "dominated" by Anjung Travel Agency and, perhaps, they are the best way to go through - especially if you are trying to get contact from Greece!!!

3. Re: Beaches good for swimming in Perhentian Besar (or Kecil)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2009, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Pulau Perhentian Besar