We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perhentian Island Resort Booking

Kawasaki, Japan
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Perhentian Island Resort Booking

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I'm currently setting up our trip to Perhentian Besar in early August and have narrowed down my choice of accommodation to either Perhentian Island Resort or Coral View (based on good snorkeling directly off shore).

I made an enquiry to Ping Anchorage (based on their good reputation) about Coral View a week ago, but have not received any reply and am starting to get apprehensive about booking through an agent. Are there any other more reliable agents offering good deals?

I'm also looking to book with PIR directly but there seem to be two websites which both appear to be official, but they give significantly different rates:

www.perhentianislandresort.net/rates.html

Quotes Deluxe Chalet for RM385 (room only incl. service & tax)

perhentianislandresorts.com/accomodation.html

Quotes Deluxe Chalet for RM327 (also room only incl. service & tax)

Costs for everything on the .net site such as boat trips are also quoted as being much higher than the .com site.

Does anyone know the difference between these two sites, or has anyone booked through either of them? If so, were there any problems?

Your help would be most appreciated!

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Perhentian Island Resort Booking

You can get cheapest rates ,when you compare other website..example here

pulauperhentian.org/PerhentianIslandresort.h…

Ping Anchorage quite busy with MATTA Fair 2010 in Kuala Lumpur..

Kawasaki, Japan
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perhentian Island Resort Booking

Thanks Redangisland, but the cost at the site you suggested is still a little high. I think I'll try the one that quotes RM 327.

Malaysia
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Perhentian Island Resort Booking

Hi there,

You may try to resent your email again or email to eddy@pinganchorage.com.my

Kawasaki, Japan
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perhentian Island Resort Booking

Thanks Basket79, but I've already booked through this other site for less than what they're offering at Ping Anchorage.

5. Re: Perhentian Island Resort Booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Pulau Perhentian Besar