We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 adults and a 12yr old

Victoria
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
2 adults and a 12yr old

Hi my mum, my little brother who is 12 and myself (26) are thinking of checking out Perhentian islands in july. Only thing im worried about is that there may not be much there to do to keep a 12yr old happy. Is there shops, markets resturants and fun activites or is it all about lying on beaches and snorkleing? We were planning 6 nights just wondering if we would be better off in Penang or thailand? Dont wont to get bored as lovely as nice beaches are i even dont like sitting around too much.

Thanks Shaylie

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 adults and a 12yr old

My recommend stay at Cozy Chalet would be better accommodation.Since they just open the resort last year 2009.Everything new and perfect..I been twice this year..Cozy chalet located at small hill facing to sea view..their accommodation totally perfect with 2 Queen size bed..For beaches..you can go to Abdul Chalet..for sunbathing there..In that area,also have shop selling groceries at Suhaila Chalet..just 3 minutes walk from Cozy Chalet.Meals you have at Newcocohuts Restaurant ..with locals and western .

Cozy Chalet's photos..

www.pulauperhentian.org/CozyChalets.html

Jungle trekking would good activity,from Cozy chalet to Perhentian Island resort( Telok Pauh),use pathway its will take 40 minutes.Or Telok Dalam around 1 hour 20 minutes.

Spend Day trips at Perhentian Kecil at Long Beach..and Petani beach for sunset.

Visiting Fishing Village, crossing from Cozy will take 15 minutes by Water Taxi..fares around RM5 per person per way..

Snorkeling trips would be great to do at Perhentian Island.Normally,it will take 3 hours for 1 trip.Here some recommended location for snorkeling site at Perhentian Island like Turtle Bay ,Shark Point ,Turtle Beach ,Teluk KK and Light House.

Or choosing snorkeling package such Susu Dara Island and Rawa Island would be fun activity.

No need to worry about child,since they provide floating jacket (Vest Jacket )

2. Re: 2 adults and a 12yr old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Pulau Perhentian Besar