We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling between the Perenthians and Tioman

Which Pulau Perhentian Besar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ennis, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Travelling between the Perenthians and Tioman

Hi all just a quick question I would appreciate some help with, im off to the Perenthian Islands in July and I was also thinking of going to Tioman....is it worth my while fitting the two places into my plans and if so how do I go about getting from the Perenthians to Tioman?

Thanks

Singapore
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling between the Perenthians and Tioman

Hey erireD, Perhentian Islands is far away from Tioman. You'll need to get from Kuala Besut Jetty (Kuala Terengganu) to Mersing Jetty (Johor) and take a ferry from there.

How many days to you have and where are you coming from in Malaysia? If you're going from South up, then you should visit Tioman first. If you're visiting from North down, then Perhentians should be your first stop.

Also, how many days do you have? You should dedicate a day to travelling and have to bear in mind the time in which the last ferry leaves it's jetty.

I've been to Tioman and it was really enjoyable. Have yet to visit Perhentians; people say it's better than Tioman!

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling between the Perenthians and Tioman

You can catch night bus from Jerteh to Mersing running Transnasional Bus Express,journey will take 8-9 hour on night bus.

Kuala Besut jetty to Jerteh only 25 minutes by taxi..

3. Re: Travelling between the Perenthians and Tioman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 04:15