We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

perhintian islands is February okay time to visit?

Which Pulau Perhentian Besar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
4 posts
Save Topic
perhintian islands is February okay time to visit?

I'm currently in tioman, its February and meant to be monsoon season but its fine weather and chalets are open as well as the restaurants. I want to go to the perhintians but heard in February some rooms are open but that will be it, no restaurants etc. Is it okay to go to perhintians on the 15 the Feb or will nothing be open. I know the weather is good and it would be good to miss the march crowds. Any thoughts? Is anyone already there?

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,530 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: perhintian islands is February okay time to visit?

In mid february monsoon season is over, I think weather can be fine, maybe the sea still a bit rough.

Most resorts and restaurants start to reopen in february , have you already emailed someone?

surrey
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: perhintian islands is February okay time to visit?

Thanks yeh emailed a resort and they are open but I read that sometimes a resort can be open but supermarkets and restaurants are not so difficult and expensive for water etc and choice of dining

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: perhintian islands is February okay time to visit?

Weather are nice today at Perhentian Island...no rain..no strong waves...everything was perfect to traveling here...Most of chalet and resort already open...on next week .

4. Re: perhintian islands is February okay time to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:18