We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perhentian Besar Accommodation Recomendations

Which Pulau Perhentian Besar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
302 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Perhentian Besar Accommodation Recomendations

Hi, I am hoping to get to Perhentian Besar in May 2014 for some snorkeling. My problem is I have been pouring over this forum and still can't decide on the best place for me. I predominantely want a place where there are good snorkeling options fairly near by. I am not interested in beach sunbacking and not up to much hiking. As I am travelling alone, I am looking for a safe place that has somewhere to hold valuables e.g. camera, while I go snorkeling (although I do have a small pouch to take money for lunch/refreshments). I have also heard of a bit of theft/ bag snatching on these islands.

I am looking for an affordable place, no longer a real backpacker, but need to keep costs down. Not sure if I can get away with a fan room in May or maybe A/C.

I am interested in staying for about 6 days as I am planning on also going across to Kecil for a bit of a snorkel too. I would appreciate any help people can give me.

Thanks

Lou

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Perhentian Besar Accommodation Recomendations

Highly recommended for The Reef Chalet offering low cost accommodation . If i not mistaken,the Fan is around RM120.00 and facing to seaview....for snorkeling you need to take snorkeling package because most of snorkeling need to reach by boat . Otherwise you snorkeling with turtle..at front of Perhentian Island Resort .Walking distance only 10 minutes...

http://www.pulauperhentian.org/TheReef.html

For snorkeling package,the boatmen will bring you to Fish Garden / Shark Point / Marine Park / Turtle Bay /Tiga Ruang / Light House.

pulauperhentian.org/InformationPerhentianIsl…

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,536 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perhentian Besar Accommodation Recomendations

Have a look at Mama's, cheap but decent place to stay. It's also the best place to buy day trips.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perhentian Besar Accommodation Recomendations

Thanks for the responses. Although I am planning to take some snorkel tours, I really want somewhere that has some off the beach snorkeling close by. Also, need to find somewhere that does cater for the single traveler (Has single prices ) and has somewhere to keep valuables. I have heard good things about Mama's, but not sure whether it has good off shore snorkeling, single rooms and place for valuables. Reef does not look like it has single prices.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Perhentian Besar Accommodation Recomendations

Most of package,minimum is 2 person..you need to let the resort know either they can arrange the snorkeling trips..otherwise you have to pay for 2 person...or you can sharing with other.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
24 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perhentian Besar Accommodation Recomendations

A couple of the best off-shore snorkeling spots on Perhentian Besar are right off the beach at Coral View and Perhentian Island Resort (PIR).

6. Re: Perhentian Besar Accommodation Recomendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 07:18