We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perhentians or Sabah for beach/swimming/diving?

Which Pulau Perhentian Besar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belgrade, null...
Level Contributor
54 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Perhentians or Sabah for beach/swimming/diving?

Heya,

Im trying to figure out which one of the places i should go for my 7day july vacation. Im primarily looking for blue waters, white sandy beaches and few tourists. Ive heard that Perhentians should have the best beaches in Malaysia, but this article made me doubt since the Sabah islands look very nice too. dailynewsdig.com/35-clearest-waters-world-sw…

Any first hand experience with either?

Selangor
Level Contributor
9 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perhentians or Sabah for beach/swimming/diving?

Hello!

I've been to Pulau Perhentian Besar and it's very beautiful to me and my family!We had so much fun with the snorkeling trip but didn't have the time to experience the diving trip but maybe next time!

I've heard that all the divers are having a good time diving in Perhentian and I think you should try it!It's much more suitable for family with young kids.

For Sabah,it's known for it's diversity of marine life and it's bigger in terms of professional diving and I think you could try both according to your budget.

Subang Jaya...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Perhentians or Sabah for beach/swimming/diving?

If you are looking for blue waters, white sandy beaches and few tourists, Sabah is better. Kapalai Island & Lankayan Island in Sabah are pure.

3. Re: Perhentians or Sabah for beach/swimming/diving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 09:16