We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

D' coconut lagoon resort....

malaysia
4 posts
Save Topic
D' coconut lagoon resort....

Decided most slighty might be staying at d'coconut laggon resort...anyobdy tried there before? vos i think the place suits me more...finding a more quite and relax place....is lang tengah island a good place for snorkling? thx a million...

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: D' coconut lagoon resort....

Dcoconuts Lagoon among the best at Lang Tengah Island compare RedangLang and @Lang Sari...its the right place for relaxing there..

Not much choice snorkeling..most for the trips..they will bring you to Marine Park at Redang Island..just 30 minutes from Lang Tengah Island.Its right places for diving.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: D' coconut lagoon resort....

was just there early May and I have to say the place is quite nice. nothing fancy of course if you're expecting 5 star accommodations and service but overall value for money in my opinion.

they do try and cater for 5 star tourists by having a more exclusive west wing where room prices can be more than twice in the east wing.

food wise its edible with the usual chicken, a few vegetables and some fruit every meal.

a useful tip is to bring along some instant coffee of your choice as they only serve coffee flavoured water. oh and same goes for tea as well =) as a credit to the staff, they managed to scrounge up some instant nescafe when the one's provided in the room finished.

personal opinion is that its a great place to snorkel as you don't even have to go out to sea on the boat. there are plenty by the beach and fish swim up almost all the way!! another tip on snorkelling is to go over to west wing beach and do it there. MUCH better compared to the east wing beach and more marine life to see.

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: D' coconut lagoon resort....

hi, im travelling to KT by 21st of june, was initially deciding to stay at redang island. but came across this resort. please dont mind, but could you please tell me, how to reach this island Lang tengah . do you have to take ferry from KT merang or shahbandar jetty. and also did you book this hotel through some website, can you pass on the contact.

i really need this urgently as flight is booked and no hotel/resort yet:(...i wanted to stay at laguna resort at redang, but all booked only suites available...too expensive for me....

need help

zizumum

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: D' coconut lagoon resort....

zizimum, if you arrive at Kuala terengganu airpot, you need to catch a cab to merang and then a ferry to Lang tengah. Contact the hotel for ferry schedule. here is their webpage:

http://www.dcoconutlagoon.com/index.asp

I would recommend that you take a look at the Berjaya Redang and redang Beach Resort on Redang island first. They are both the main island, prices at the Beach resort are the same as Laguna, Berjaya is more expensive but newly renovated. Here is the link to their contact and a list of packages including ferry and land transfer from Kuala terengganu Shahbandar Jetty (about 15min from KT airport by cab). Malaysia and Singaporean nationals pay less than other tourist so if you are Malaysian, please click on "Malaysia/Singaporean prices".

berjaya:

redangisland.com/redang_berjaya_resort.htm

berjayaresorts.com/beachresort_redangbeach.h…

Redang Beach Resort:

http://www.redang.com.my/index.html

www.redangisland.com/redang_beach_resort.htm

Happy planning!

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: D' coconut lagoon resort....

thanks for the reply...berjaya is out of my budget. i checked redang beach resort but it doesnt have a pool. any other suggestions GT2k for redang?

thanks again

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: D' coconut lagoon resort....

Only three hotels on the island has got pools -Laguna, Berjaya and Coral. not sure when the Desagreen resort (also with pool) will open.

http://www.coralredang.com.my/abt_resort.html

You don't need a pool when there a perfectly heated up and clean sea to swim in. The sea is much cleaner than a pool, trust me, and the sea has got less chemicals. Malaysians don't heat their pools up.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: D' coconut lagoon resort....

Redang Bay also have pool..

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: D' coconut lagoon resort....

thanks for the help, booked coral redang resort through Ping anchorage this morning. Masria there is so efficient. i got her contact through redang.org. too excited about redang part of the trip.I was concerened about the pool because a few people on the forum and reviews have mentioned that there are stingers and sea lice in the sea so dont want to take the chance with my 2 yr old, who loves water.

By the way, can we get repellent lotions and the likes from the mini marts on the island or should we carry them with us in our luggage. I personally perfer travelling light. are stingers and sea lice really a problem?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: D' coconut lagoon resort....

Don't think there is a threat from jellyfishes at Pasir Panjang (where you are staying), I think it happens rarely at Teluk Dalam because its a bay and some of them might get washed up during low tide, but its rare, waters are very clean. don't think there any repellent for jellyfish, you just need to avoid stepping on them and they won't sting.

Mosquitoes and sunburn are most probably your main concerns there. You should purchase waterproof mosquito repellent lotions and sunscreen (children should use at least SPF 30+) in kuala lumpur when you are staying at the Swiss garden. They can be purchased at any pharmacies like Guardian and Watsons in Bukit bintang (Pavillion, BB Plaza, KL PLaza,KLCC) and they don't weight much. Best to bring a hat along if you plan to stay out in the sun the whole day.

Bring your usual medical kit- plasters, after sun lotion, medication for upset stomach, disinfecting sprays, indigestion pills (not sure what the hotel serves for the buffets) etc. there are no pharmacies on Redang.

Hope it helps and happy packing!

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: D' coconut lagoon resort....

thanks GT2K, cant wait for the redang bit of my holiday.

zizumum