We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning a trip to pulau redang

malaysia
1 post
Save Topic
planning a trip to pulau redang

Dear seasoned travellers!!

we are malaysians.we live in terengganu. my husband and i are planning a trip to pulau redang.

we would like to know a tour agency that offers a good package on the main island of pulau redang,for 3 days and 2 nights.

we r not looking for 5 star accomodation.. 3 star with the basics - air-con,attached bathroom,hot shower, TV/AV ,king size bed,ocean view( a must!! )

we would like infos on

1) ocean view accomodation-name of resort/hotel

2) the snorkelling package which comes with

equipments,life jacket,etc.

3) tour around the island, including trip/snorkeling

trip to marine park

4) turtle sanctuary if any that we can spot them in

their natural habitate.

5) swimming pool(if recommended)

6) chinese food

7) a package which would include all charges like accomodation,ferry service to redang,snorkeling equipments,food,boat rides,island tours and all..

please help us plan..

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
33 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning a trip to pulau redang

Emelda,

For you to plan a trip to redang, you will not need to go for a travel agency.

Most of the resorts there offer packages that include transfer, accomodation, food, diving trips and snorkelling equipments.

For your request, there are several resorts that you can choose from such as laguna redang, redang bay resort and etc.

Search for any of these resorts and you may view they packages through their website.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning a trip to pulau redang

Try Pinganchorage, they are based in KT 77A, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman. They offer much better prices and packages than booking from the hotels directly. Their website is www.pinganchorage.com.my or www.redangisland.com. Browse through their packages and then get in touch with them- they usually offer free marine park tours and snorkeling packages when you book hotels with them. Not many hotels on the island have got pools, think only 4, mainly the 4-5 star ones like Berjaya and Laguna.

Hope it helps!

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: planning a trip to pulau redang

You also can surf into www.redangisland.org or if you more details about redang..please visit www.redang.org

Hope its will help you

Malaysia
Level Contributor
152 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: planning a trip to pulau redang

Hi there,

If you're out to splurge, go for the Berjaya Redang, if not Laguna. But if you want privacy, Redang Holiday is pretty nice with a great view and individual sea view chalets.

Some of these resorts have a direct number where you can book them and get the full deal.

You can take a look at my Redang Travel Blog in my signature for more pics and info. Have a great trip!

Regards,

David

jrhogan.blogspot.com/search/label/Islands

5. Re: planning a trip to pulau redang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2010, 05:17