We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on Pulau Redang?

Which Pulau Redang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Topic
What to do on Pulau Redang?

My mother and I will be on the Super Star Virgo, stopping at Redang from 1.00pm till 8.00pm in April. There are only 3 shore excursions being offered - 2 diving and 1 snorkelling, so was wondering if there is anything else that might be of interest for us to do. Is there anything walkable from the dock or glass bottom boat trips to take?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do on Pulau Redang?

Any ideas???

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do on Pulau Redang?

Any ideas, anyone, we'll be there in less than 2 weeks!

Thanks

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do on Pulau Redang?

Recommended snorkeling site is Marine Park,Pulau Pinang. Among the best site visit.

Night Life at Long Beach ,recommend place to stay at Laguna Redang with life band ,just relaxing and enjoy with ais kacang .

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
160 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do on Pulau Redang?

No glass bottom rides as far as I know.

For those few hours, you really only have time for some must-do snorkeling! The white, powdery sands and crystal clear waters more than make up for the lack of other activities.

Just get into the sea and enjoy the marine life, then sip cocktails or enjoy some tropical foods/fruits and relax as you take in the views and sunset. Those are very few and precious hours to be at Redang!

The marine park has plenty of fishes, including beautifully patterned moray eels, but be prepared that you will be jostling with more than a few people on their snorkeling expedition! We 're talking boatloads of 30-50 people heading there and making quite a splash!

I personally prefer to head out to the beaches at Laguna Redang (Long Beach)or Berjaya Redang on my own. More serenity and I can always count on the baby sharks to make their appearance!

Enjoy your trip! : )

Singapore
Level Contributor
70 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do on Pulau Redang?

Nothing fancy being offered at redang.

Your best bet is either snorkeling or diving (if you are certified).

Snorkeling is not bad and if you are lucky you might spot a moray eel or two. Plenty of fishes about. Bring some bread and they will all gather around you! Makes for spendid photo opportunities if you have an underwater camera.

If snorkeling is not your thing, just grab a drink or two and laze on the beach. enjoy the white sand!

6. Re: What to do on Pulau Redang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 23:20