We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Redang Islands

Which Pulau Redang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip to Redang Islands

Hi,

We are a family of 4 with 2 grown up children. Have planned a 4D/3N trip to Redang islands from 28 May to 31 May. Have an option to stay in “full board snorkelling package” in either Redand Pelangi(2740 RM) or Coral Island resorts(3980 RM) OR on “room only with breakfast basis” at Sari Pacifica Resort(2627 RM). Kindly suggest which is better with respect to value for money.

As of what I can read in various reviews Coral is a better resort compared to Pelangi, but is the difference of about 1200 RM justified in the package, since we will be most of the time out on the beach/snorkelling / island hopping.

If I take Sari Pacifica, then are there enough dining options on the beach, other than where we are staying? The reviews of Sari are not very encouraging but the last review is more than 2 years old. Are there good operators other than at the hotels who can take us on snorkelling trips/island hopping or any other activity or do you that the ones who work with the resorts are more reliable?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Redang Islands

Highly Recommended

1. Coral Island Resort

2. Redang Pelangi Resort

Spend you holiday much more worth it above in terms value of money ,good service,location ,room cleanliness .

Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Redang Islands

Hi,

is Sari Pacifica not good compared to the other two? Their rooms look good in the website!

How is the good is Coral when compared to Pelangi? I read in one of the sites that Pelangi has refurbished its rooms for this season. Based on the reviews, the food is definitely better in Coral.

Thanks

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Redang Islands

I had been to Sari Pacifica Resort last year..well this resort are not right places to stay ,very poor with customer service and less people staying here. Keep avoid to stay here,if you think its good for you...well carry on.

Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
490 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Redang Islands

Hi..Hafiz1306,

If you are looking for privacy,silent-not noisy,friendly staff,good service and best meals...Coral Redang Island Resort. eventhough the price a bit higher than the Redang Pelangi...

Happy Travels

Overland-Trans

Edited: 22 March 2013, 13:53
Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Redang Islands

Thank you both, for your advice and feedback. I will choose between Coral and Pelangi and cancel the provisional booking I have done in Sari Pacifica.

6. Re: Trip to Redang Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:15