We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry from Redang to Kuala T.

san diego, CA
Level Contributor
26 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
ferry from Redang to Kuala T.

Does anyone know if it is possible to pay to take a boat operated by a resort other than the one in which we are staying, in the morning that leaves later than 6AM and arrives by about 11:30 AM?

Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry from Redang to Kuala T.

I'm also interested in this question, as I'm catching a Firefly flight that leaves KT at 11.20am, and Redang Pelangi's ferry leaves between 8am-10am but the exact time is not confirmed until the day before.

From the site below there is a public ferry that leaves at 7am. However this leaves from Kampung jetty, so I imagine you would still need a transfer if you are staying at Long Beach. Ideally I'd like to hitch a ride wtih Redang Holiday (leaves 7am) or Laguna (leaves 9am). Does anyone know if this happens?

http://redang.org/transport.htm#chart

Edited: 13 August 2013, 03:47
san diego, CA
Level Contributor
26 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry from Redang to Kuala T.

Does anyone have an email address for Laguna Redang resort? Their website only shows phone #. Their 9 AM ferry back to Merang would be the best bet for us it seems to get us back for a 12:55 flight leaving from K.T. Also, does anyone know how we would get from Redang Lagoon Hotel to Laguna Redang resort since it seems there is no public transportation on Redang?

Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
490 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry from Redang to Kuala T.

Dear Khairyful & monkey 1947,

My advice...the best option, please use public ferries at 0700 hours from village jetty and expected to arrive at shahbandar jetty around 0830-0845 hours, so you have enough time catch your flight at 1120/1255 hours.

Please ask your resort to made arrangement boat tranfer from long beach to village jetty.

Happy Travels

Overland-Trans

Edited: 14 August 2013, 13:16
Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry from Redang to Kuala T.

Hi. May I know the ferry schedule from Redang to Shahbandar jetty? Possible I can catching a MAS flight that leave KT at 9.45am?

5. Re: ferry from Redang to Kuala T.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 08:58
Edited: 23 August 2013, 08:58
Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
490 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry from Redang to Kuala T.

Dear Travelkaki303,

The public ferry depart from Kampong Jetty-Redang Island at 0700 hours and expected arrive at Shahbandar Jetty around 0830 hours, but seem your flight at 0945-MH, my advice please checkout one day earlier and overnight in KT Hotel and the next morning go to Airport.

Happy Travels

Overland-Trans

Edited: 23 August 2013, 09:05
7. Re: ferry from Redang to Kuala T.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 05:16