We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Berjaja Air still fly direct to Redang from Singapore?

Melbourne, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Does Berjaja Air still fly direct to Redang from Singapore?

Hi guys, I don't seem to be able to find direct flights from Singapore to Redang island by Berjaya Air, do they still fly direct from Singapore to Redang island? If so, how do I book as their website hasn't got this route.

Please tell me they still do as I have my heart set on Redang for months now! We are hoping to visit Redang island on around 10/04/2014, and stay for 10 to 15 nights! We have two young children (5yo and 1yo), so hubby really wants a direct flight from Singapore (we'll be in Singapore from the 7th of April) instead of going through a few transfers.

No direct flight means change of destination, but I really want to visit Redang :(

Any information would be highly appreciated! Many many thanks.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Berjaja Air still fly direct to Redang from Singapore?

Based on the web,Berjaya Air no more running the service from Changi Airport to Redang Island.

https:/…

You can take flight from Singapore to Subang Airport then catch direct flight from Subang to Redang Island by Berjaya.

Melbourne, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Berjaja Air still fly direct to Redang from Singapore?

Thanks redangisland,

We are currently considering overnight coaches, in that case, we'll go to Johor Bahru, Malaysia first (have family members there so that works well for us), and travel from Larkin bus station straight to either Merang Jetty or Shah Bandar jetty, and hop on a ferry to Redang island. I thought that would sound quite straight forward as trying to connect flights seem to be a lot of waiting around plus taxi trips in between.

1. Could you tell me which coaches are more comfortable? With 2 children, we really want comfortable overnight travel with seats that can decline as much as possible. We are happy to pay for a little bit more, but if you are able to give us a rough costs guide would be wonderful!

2. Could you let me know how to book as well?

3. We are currently considering 3 resorts, the Taaras, Laguna and Sari Pacifica, could you tell me which jetty each resort uses and hence which bus I should take from Larkin?

Many many thanks in advance.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Berjaja Air still fly direct to Redang from Singapore?

If you traveling from Larkin Bus Terminal , Johor Bharu to Kuala Terengganu Bus Terminal ,then only 15 minutes walking distance to Syahbandar jetty then catch ferry to Redang Island,ferry depart at 9.00am /10.00am / 3.00pm

1. You can take bus Adik Beradik Bus Express , Maju Express , Transnasional Express ,Cepat Express..fare around RM65 per way,most of seat ,you can decline. Bus depart at 9.00am and reach at 6.00am

2. You can ask your relative to buy the bus ticket.

3. The Taaras are located at Teluk Pauh near villagers .only main jetty here is Kampung jetty in Redang Island

Laguna and Sari Pacifica are use Syahbandar jetty to Long Beach , Redang Island by Sejahtera Ferry. If i not mistaken, Laguna Redang will use their own ferry . Highly recommended to stay at Coral Redang Island Resort. You can see clear picture and video ..

redangisland.org/CoralRedangIslandResort.html

Hope this information will help you.

Melbourne, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Berjaja Air still fly direct to Redang from Singapore?

Thank you very much redangisland for all the information, you have been very helpful!

Which bus would you recommend for comfort?

And are the ferries safe for young kids?

Many thanks again :)

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Does Berjaja Air still fly direct to Redang from Singapore?

Maju Express are recommended..

Yes,ferry safe for kids...the ferry have air condition..comfortable...toilet..its can accommodate 150 people..

Wish you have good holiday in Malaysia..

Melbourne, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Does Berjaja Air still fly direct to Redang from Singapore?

Thanks redangisland. I just found out from Corel redang island resort that they are closed for renovation and do not take booking till June!

Laguna seems to be extremely crowded, but more happening which is good. Sari Pacifica seems to have beautiful Ocean front room which we fancy, but its review isn't very good. That left the Taaras, but it's very expensive for 10 to 15 nights stay with 2 kids!

We do like a bit of comfort, and some cheaper resorts don't look too enticing to us.

Do you think Laguna will be ok for the time we're visiting? We're planning to be there from around 9th April till 22nd April, will Laguna be a bit quieter at that time?

Many thanks again!

7. Re: Does Berjaja Air still fly direct to Redang from Singapore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 05:26