We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Redang

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
21 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Redang

Dear all,

Pls advice.... my flight will arrive at K.Terengganu airport around 11am. Thinking to book with Redang Kalong Resort, however, their private boat to resort will depart at 10am, and I will definitely missed their boat. They adviced me to take the public ferry at 3pm, but that mean, I will be missing their snorkeling trip & wasted the whole day.

They said during my traveling (27-29/05/14), They might have an extra ferry at 12pm due to school holiday. But my travel date is 27/5, one day before school holiday. Can anyone advice me, is the 12pm ferry is confirmed during the date I travel? I really do not wish to miss my 1st day in Redang.

Many thanks

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Redang

On 27th May 2014 ,its not school holiday...highly advise you to contact direct with Redang Kalong...otherwise you need to change your flight depart 6.50am from KL and reach at Kuala Terengganu Airport at 7.50am...

If you take 3.00pm ferry,you will reach to Redang Island at 5.30pm...its near to sunset.such wasting time and money.....Otherwise you take bus from Hentian Putra KL...then reach at 5.00am...Its only the way...

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
21 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Redang

Thank you very much for the reply.

Ya, we might be taking a bus down to K.Terengganu. This seem the only best solution.

Do you have any recommendation on which bus operator is good & safe?

From the KT Bus station, how much is the Taxi fare to the Jetty?

Pls advice. Thanks

3. Re: Ferry to Redang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 15:35
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
21 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Redang

Thank you very much for the information.

5. Re: Ferry to Redang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 04:28