We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving to Fes from Chefchaouen

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
driving to Fes from Chefchaouen

My wife and I will be driving (Avis car) from Chef to Fes in March. The map shows two routes (east or west then south to Fes) and I'm wondering how they compare . . . scenic? dangerous? one longer than the other?

Any informed comments will be appreciated.

Level Contributor
11 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving to Fes from Chefchaouen

The N13 from Chefchouen to Fes, via Ouazzane, is the quickest route whereas the N2 to Ketama then the N8 to Fes is spectacularly beautiful plus more of an adventure. In my experience, as a woman driving alone or with family and friends, the latter is not dangerous. The bright green fields that cover mountains and valleys, as far as the eye can see along part of the route, only add to the lush and picturesque Rif mountain scenery. You could also be lucky and experience driving through a street market along this route.

There is a third option of taking the minor roads, that become the R501, with breathtaking views as you approach Fes.

2. Re: driving to Fes from Chefchaouen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 05:15