We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus

Does any one know the departing bus schedule at Chefchaouen? I shall be heading towards Casablanca to catch my flight home 2 days later.

Also any recommendation on where I can go from Chefchaouen bearing in mind I only have one more day before I fly off. (I would have spent 3 days in Marrakesh and 3 days in fez by then). BTW, I will be travelling by bus/train.

Thanks.

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus

There is 1 CTM bus per day, Dep 0700, Arr Casa 1300, price 115 dhm. There are probably buses from other companies that do this route but you'll need to check that out when you get to Chefchaouen.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
658 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus

There are quite a few busses from Chaouen (other than CTM and Supratours), with most going through Tetouan, where you will have even more options for a bus. Not sure which ones go from Chaouen to Casa’, but there are busses that leave all day from Chaouen to various destinations that will connect with Casa’.

The morning busses out of Chaouen are often full, so if you want to get one, book the day before. If you can’t be bothered with the long, steep walk down to the bus station for a ticket, then just turn up nice and early on the day, and if the first busses are full (doesn’t matter which company, they’re all the same), then just get on the next one. We’ve never had to wait more than an hour.

It’s nearly impossible to get the departure times for busses other than CTM and Supratours when not in Morocco, so unless you want to restrict your self to these 2 companies, I’d wait until you get to Chaouen to make plans.

Like I said, not all busses will go from Chaouen to Casa’, but most busses will pass through a transport hub for you to change (Tetouan for a bus, Tangier for the train, Fes for train or bus etc), so no need to stick to the busses that go direct to Casa’. My choice would be to get the bus to Tangier, spend the day sightseeing (seen as you’ve already been to Fes and Marrakesh), and then get the relaxing train to Casa’.

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus

You could get the bus to Fes then bus or train to Meknes, we thought it was a nice city, easier and more hassle free souk and medina. Plus Volubilis Roman ruins are close by. Then the next day you could get the train to Casa for your flight.

4. Re: Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 07:20