We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supratour from Chefchaouen to Tangier

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
16 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Supratour from Chefchaouen to Tangier

Hello everyone!

I am looking for Supratour's timetable from Chaouen to Tangier but I can't find it neither on ONCF nor in Supratour's websites.

Each time I make an online request I get a blank result page.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks a lot...

Mentioned in this post
Tangier
Tangier
Tangier-Tetouan Region, Morocco
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
668 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supratour from Chefchaouen to Tangier

Lots of busses go all day from Chaouen to Tangier. Supratours are only one bus company that ply the route. There are different busses that leave from early morning onwards and you can only get the tickets from the office. If you needed, you might be able to get the ticket from another office say like the Supratours office in Tangier on you’re way there, but this obviously depends on where you travel to Chaouen from.

My advise is to forget the internet (Morocco isn’t quite with it yet – face to face business is always easier and safer in Morocco) and just get your return ticket from Chaouen bus station when you arrive there. Then you can see all the bus times for that route (not just Supratours) and you won’t be limited to the small number of Supratours busses. The bus station has boards up with all the different departure times for all the different busses, so just wander in and chose the time that best suits your plans….not be dictated to by one Bus company.

I would definitely advise getting your ticket when you arrive as busses can be sold out on the day (especially the morning busses). I’ve had to wait for the later busses many times because the morning one was full, usually due to me being too lazy to walk down to the station the day before to get a ticket and just hoping I can get on in the morning. But I have never not being able to get on either the next bus, or if it really is full up for the day (like at festival times) then there’s always a taxi.

Edited: 26 January 2012, 11:45
Mentioned in this post
Tangier
Tangier
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
16 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supratour from Chefchaouen to Tangier

Thanks a lot Kate!

I know that's exactly what I should do, but it's difficult for me because I am too organized and like to have all planed in advance... :)

Just have to deal with that!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
668 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supratour from Chefchaouen to Tangier

LOL.....I was the same when I first went to Morocco. Thought I could plan and book everything and have it all planned out….until I got to Morocco and realised that the fewer plans you have, the less there is to get upset about when all your plans are foiled by road closures, floods, full busses, illness, detours, mishaps or just liking somewhere too much too leave….. or any of the myriad of other things that conspire to ruin plans when in Morocco. Now I make no plans at all and things seam to go a lot more smoothly!

Chaouen is one of my favourite places in Morocco and I hope you like it as much as I do. Don’t miss the fresh ewes cheese they sell in the medina markets which is made up in the hills. It’s fresh every day (and often comes wrapped in leaves) and makes a divine packed lunch with fresh bread and local honey for walks in to the mountains or just for a stroll down to the other side of town where the stream is.

If you have time, go for a drive over to the coast (to Oued Laou form Chaouen). The road takes you through some stunningly beautiful Riffian scenery with mountains, cliffs, flowers, eagles, jackals and waterfalls.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Oued Laou
Oued Laou
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Supratour from Chefchaouen to Tangier

Hi Kate!

I was wondering do the path back, from Chaouen to Tangier to Tarifa on the same day, is that possible?

Do you know?

Thank you for your tips!

Mentioned in this post
Tangier
Tangier
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
668 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supratour from Chefchaouen to Tangier

I think so. If you get the early bus (or even a taxi) and get an afternoon ferry, you can get back to Spain in a day.

We've made it from Chaouen to Malaga in a day a few times before so I'm sure you can get to Tarifa.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Supratour from Chefchaouen to Tangier

Hi Kate,

Thank you for the helpful answer!

London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Supratour from Chefchaouen to Tangier

Hi Kate,

You seem to be the expert in this forum so I might as well address you straight away :) I'm going to stay in Chaouen for 4 days from 8th - 12th morning. My plane back to London is from Tangier on the 12th at 4 pm. Is it possible to go by bus/grand taxi from Chaouen in the morning and get to Tangier Airport at around 1pm or 2pm the latest?

My riad offered to book me a taxi to Tangier Airport but it's 55 EUR and I just find it way too expensive, it's even more expensive than the riad itself. However, I just want to make sure I'd be able to make it on my own in time (as I hear a lot that travel is very slow in morocco). How early do you think I should make a start if this is possible? Would I go from Chaouen to Tangier then find my transport to airport there or is there a way to get a transport all the way from Chaouen to Tangier Airport? Sorry for the many questions :p

Mentioned in this post
Tangier
Tangier
8. Re: Supratour from Chefchaouen to Tangier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 23:19