We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fes to Chefchaouen?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fes to Chefchaouen?

Hello, we are planning to travel from Fes to Chefchaouen on 1 June and return 4June. Does anyone know what bus companies travel this route and if their time tables are available on line?

Also is it a problem with securing a booking in advance so you know you have a seat on the bus. I’ve read threads that say the bus may not take on passengers as it’s already full from it’s starting point. Many thanks!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fes to Chefchaouen?

It's at Chefchaouen that people have reported problems getting seats.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fes to Chefchaouen?

Thanks Tim. Also do you know if the return trip starts in Tangier to Fes and if it does can you secure a seat by paying for a ticket from Tangier to Fes (at Chefchaouen )and get on at Chefchaouen? Any idea on how many busses from Chefchaouen to Fes a day on average please? Thanks again, Fran

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fes to Chefchaouen?

I'd advise you to get Lonely Planet or Rough Guide which tend to include this sort of information.

The main companies are CTM and Supratours, but there's lots of independent companies as well.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fes to Chefchaouen?

Thanks Tim, just for other readers - the Lonely Planet is very genera lin this area with an overview rather than specifics but we’ll try the Rough Guide. Will report back after we’ve done it.

Mohammedia, Morocco
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fes to Chefchaouen?

Public transport in Morocco quality depends on where to, Your best option is Train, kind off cheap, gets you to major cities check the website here www.oncf.ma, otherwise you might want to check CTM, a bus transport company, www.ctm.ma.

The train doesn't have booking, since you can travel standing, only if you want to travel 1st class, which isn't much comparing to normal price. I think you can book your ticket from CTM website, if you have any issues, I'll ask a local station for infos.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fes to Chefchaouen?

Dear AliveX, Thank you for your thoughtful response and generous offer to check at the local station. We couldn’t get the CTM website to respond so your suggestion to check at the local bus station, which we’ll do when we arrive, has given us confidence to go ahead. Many thanks again, Frances

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fes to Chefchaouen?

how many days are you in Fes before heading to Chaouen?

If it is a few days then I wouldnt worry about it too much, buses do get busy on the day but if you go to the bus station a couple of days before then you will be able to buy a seat, even the day before you should be fine.

8. Re: Fes to Chefchaouen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:15