We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dar Gabriel

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Dar Gabriel

Hello all,

It's my first post here, I hope to be doing it right!

I'll be travelling to Morocco next week and one of my visits will be to Chefchaouen. I booked my stay in Dar Gabriel, which has excellent reviews here, but am having a really hard time trying to get them to respond to any e-mails. My problem is I can't figure out how to get there; their website and Google Maps give conflicting directions, and having never been to Chefchaouen I'm a bit afraid to just come out of the bus station trying to figure this out.

Does anyone have any advice to give about the Dar, the town, and how to get around while in there?

Thanks!!

Felipe

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,987 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dar Gabriel

Zoom out on the map so you can see the big roundabout which is Place Mohammed V. This is unmistakeable in Chefchaouen. From there take the straight road (Hassan II) heading east. Then turn left on a street going steeply uphill and at the top of the hill turn right. The road ends here at Bab Souq. Go through the bab (gate) on foot, turn left and hunt around for the Dar.

Your best bet will be simply to get a petit taxi from the bus station to Bab Souq. I don't know what the fare is, but pay no more than 15dh.

Edited: 11 May 2013, 10:14
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dar Gabriel

That is perfect Tim, thank you loads!

3. Re: Dar Gabriel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 06:17