We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Around 3pm leave Tanger to Chefchaouen by bus?

Which Chefchaouen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Around 3pm leave Tanger to Chefchaouen by bus?

We are planning to go to Chefchauen from Algeciras, Spain.

And our ferry will reach Tanger-Med at 2pm.

Then we'll take bus to Tanger city, and want to get Chefchauen same day.

I searched CTM bus timetable, but there is no direct bus after 2pm,

and also I couldn't find even transit bus in Tetouan.

Because 16:30 is the last bus from Tetouan to Chefchaouen,

but we will get there at 17:30 if we take CTM bus.

Is there a lot of local bus which can take us to Chefchauen directly or even transit?

Can anyone give me a information specifically?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Around 3pm leave Tanger to Chefchaouen by bus?

CTM and Supratours are the most organised and well known bus companies, but there are several others that will also go from the main bus station in Tangier (Gare Routiere). It is difficult to find up to date timetable info for them though so you just have to turn up and see what there is.

And as you have already realised, you may need to go via Tetouan if you cant find a direct bus.

Grand taxi is also an option for you for either Tangier to Tetouan or Tetouan to Chef.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Around 3pm leave Tanger to Chefchaouen by bus?

Thanks a lot for useful information!!

Could you tell me approximately how much it cost by Gran taxi,

From Tanger to Tetouan and Tetouan to Chefchaouen?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,788 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Around 3pm leave Tanger to Chefchaouen by bus?

Crossing Algeciras to Tanger Med is a really bad idea, you would be better crossing Tarifa to Tanger Ville or even Algeciras to Ceuta. And don't forget there's a time zone difference between Spain and Morocco.

In a shared grand taxi I'd reckon on 40dh/seat for Tanger to Tetouan and then another 40dh/seat for Tetouan to Derdara which is the closest that the main road comes to Chefchaouen. From Derdara you would need to get another grand taxi or maybe a petit taxi for the final few km.

The alternative is to hire the whole taxi, no idea on costs.

Try searching for previous threads. A lot of people ask questions but often don't come back to relate their experiences.

Edited: 16 July 2013, 21:00
4. Re: Around 3pm leave Tanger to Chefchaouen by bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 06:18