We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ouarzazate - Merzouga Travel

Which Merzouga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Ouarzazate - Merzouga Travel

Hello!

We will be driving from Ouarzazate to Merzouga in mid-May.

Can someone advise about how long this drive will be from Ouarzazate:

1) via Tinerhir

2) via Nebok/Tazzarine

3) Which route is recommended?

Also, are these paved, 2-lane roads or single-lane; pull over for oncoming cars types of roads?

Many thanks in advance!

barcelona
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ouarzazate - Merzouga Travel

route which is recommended is via dades valley nd todra gorge (thinerhir) antel erfoud then the dunes of erg chebbi and in your way back you could make the roud via Nebok/Tazzarine the ourazazte.for more information try to contcat

telojoro_porsnope@hotmail.com

bestwishes

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ouarzazate - Merzouga Travel

Thanks xavi7.

You are very helpful.

What I am really curious about is driving times for each route and the status of the roads along them.

Being a North American, never been to Morocco before, I would like to know what driving will be like there...(what speed? paved? gravel? traffic?, etc.)

Any driving info along these paths would be much appreciated!

Thanks

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ouarzazate - Merzouga Travel

Has anyone driven from Ouarzazate to Merzouga?

How long driving time and what are the driving conditions like?

Thanks

Ota, Japan
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ouarzazate - Merzouga Travel

hi there

am celina am married with morocain guy

i lived in merzouga for 2 years but i moved to japan

well from ourazazat to merzouga you will not have any trouble .the road is fine you will spend 4 hours driving from ourazazat to the desert area

the trafic is allmost 40%

no much crow .

i recomend that road

ourazazate tingir erfoud desert ( from erfoud to desert it's pist .

for any info mail me to my box at tripadvisor

good luck

5. Re: Ouarzazate - Merzouga Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2008, 23:34
East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ouarzazate - Merzouga Travel

Thanks for the helpful info, all!

7. Re: Ouarzazate - Merzouga Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 02:16