We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from Fez to Merzouga-need advice dont want respon

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
356 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
travelling from Fez to Merzouga-need advice dont want respon

I was wondering if I could get for 2 people a fair budget transport from Merzouga to fez via bus, hired car, or some other way? I will be coming into Marrekesh and going to the desert but would love to go up to Fez. Have been to Fez before, rode the trains, but have not done the trip up to fez from Merzouga..please advise Mother /daughter team thanks

I also will be going on a desert camp nite or two but will not have a sleeping bag as I am going by backpack and wont be carrying it...any ideas? going in early November 2010

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,814 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from Fez to Merzouga-need advice dont want respon

Hi,

god transport from Merzouga to Fez is to take a bus at evening, it costs around 150DH so it is good price. Only it is that you miss to look at countryside because you are going at night. To Merzouga from Marrakech you can also go by bus.

Look at www.oncf.ma and www.ctm.ma, there you find both schedule and prices.

You can rent a car in Marrakech and leave in Fez. To rent it costs approximately 350DH per day. Or you can also take a grand taxi, from Marrakech to Fez via Erg Chebbi and overnight there in the sand dunes it can costs around 350EUR. It is with stop for to take pictures, to visit Ait BenHaddou and Todra Gorge or Dades, then Azrou on way to Fez.

About desert camp, you not need to have with you sleeping bag because there they give you so many blanket as you need for not to have a cold.

You have there also dinner and breakfast and possibility to take a shower before leaving Erg Chebbi to Fez.

Have a nice travel.

2. Re: travelling from Fez to Merzouga-need advice dont want respon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 06:23