We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert trips

London
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Desert trips

Hello everyone,

Can you advise? Is it OK to just turn up and book an overnight camping trip once we get to Mergouza? We are driving from Fes. Also, are all the desert tours exactly the same , or are there different levels of quality? Does everyone doing an overnight camping trip stay in the same place or are there different camps? Thankyou!x

Mentioned in this post
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
1. Re: Desert trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 15:13
London
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Desert trips

Ok, thanks. I was hoping to find a 'luxury' one if possible so if they exist I'll try and find one! It must be so hard to figure out who to go with...!!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,926 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desert trips

Hi,

tripadvisor.com/…18905039

There are some interesting comments here.

London
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Desert trips

Yes, interesting. Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Desert trips

We felt like our desert camp out was pretty luxurious. They had flushing toilets. But we slept on mattresses on the sand.

It was through Riad Nezha.

Mentioned in this post
Riad Nezha
Riad Nezha
508 Reviews
Merzouga, Morocco
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,364 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Desert trips

we had the whole place to ourselves and it was from riad tombucto, right next to all the rest of them. there are great variances of luxury, so be pick wisely.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Desert trips

Dealing with touts and people offering you their services is not something you want try. I would rather book a standard desert camp; pay a deposit and get your desert guide to wait you before you get to the desert. some camps cost 30 ,40 , 50, to €150 per person per night.

do your homework , and bear in mind 'you get only what you pay for'.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
618 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Desert trips

Check out Xaluca group, their luxurious camp is said to be the best !!

www.xaluca.com/fr/habitaciones/bivouacs/11/

Cheers.

London
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Desert trips

Thank you for all your tips. I was planning to arrive in Mergouza and stay the night in a hotel and take the desert trip the next day , so the hotel should be able to make the booking and I can avoid the touts. I have done lots of research , but it doesn't beat first hand experience from a fellow travellers, so thanks guys x

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,364 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Desert trips

some of the hotels let you use a room to shower,ect when you get back from the desert, before you have their breakfast..tombucto (i have that spelled wrong, i think, but it will come up on google) let us have a wonderful room to ourselves...and the breakfast was unbelievable.