We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Merzouga from the US

Carrboro, North...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Merzouga from the US

I'm going to Merzouga early next year and will be coming in from the US. The flights without 16 hour connections and high prices go into Casablanca. I've been to Morocco once before but at the time I was living in England so it was easy to fly into Marrakesh. My plan is to arrive in the afternoon in Casablanca, hop the train to Marrakesh, and jump on the Suptratours bus the next morning from Marrakesh to Merzouga. A few questions though...

Anyone know when the bus leaves? I tried checking the site but couldn't find the name of the station in Marrakesh. I think its 8:30. Must I buy a ticket before or can I get it that morning? Is this the bus that goes through Erfoud? Any idea of the schedule on the way back? And finally... does this plan make sense or perhaps is there a way to get a bus from Casablanca?

Thanks!

PS. Might it make more sense to get the bus from Fez?

Edited: 15 November 2012, 08:08
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,702 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Merzouga from the US

I believe the Marrakech to Merzouga bus goes via Errachidia and then on to Erfoud.

There is a bus that goes from Casablanca to Errachidia. Someone either here or on Lonely Planet used it a month or so back when visiting their child who is a Peace Corp volunteer.

London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Merzouga from the US

I got on the bus from Marrakech to Merzouga by Supratour leaves at 8.30 AM arrives at around 9 pm - Yes 12 hours 0_o - Not sure how well you handle long travels since you are coming from US 16 hours flight then another few hours I presume from Casa to Marrakech then 12 hours bus to Merzouga. Maybe a good idea to break up the travel a bit if possible :)

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,323 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Merzouga from the US

You can see the schedule etc. here on http://www.oncf.ma

Maybe it would be a good idea to buy the bus ticket before.

And yes, the bus start in Marrakech 8.30AM and in Erfoud is 19.30, make stop there of course.

From Fes to Merzouga go bus over night, also via Erfoud.

4. Re: Going to Merzouga from the US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:19