We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Marrakech to Merzouga?

Which Merzouga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle...
1 post
Save Topic
Best way to get from Marrakech to Merzouga?

Hello Travelers!

So I am looking for the best/fastest way to get from Marrakech to Merzouga. I've found that there is no train, but there is a Supratour bus. However it seems to be a 12 hr day trip and would like to avoid that at all costs. An overnight trip would be perfect but I can not find any information to suggest that there is one. Does anyone have any information on this? Or recommendations on alternate ways to travel to Merzouga?

Also, any recommendations on accommodations and overnight desert tours in Merzouga will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,286 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Marrakech to Merzouga?

If you go by bus then split it into a 2 day trip and stay overnight somewhere on the way - there are several options Ouarzazate, Tinerhir for Todra Gorge, Boulemane for Dades Valley etc

or you can join a group tour

Edited: 31 August 2014, 11:25
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,877 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Marrakech to Merzouga?

It's a long long way and travel in Morocco is slow, especially by public transport. Just crossing the High Atlas passes between Marrakech and Ouarzazate will take four hours.

Wilton Manors...
Level Contributor
33 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Marrakech to Merzouga?

Yup, that 8:30 am, 12-hour Supratours bus is the only direct way to get there on public transport. You could rent a car for the drive but that would take nearly the same (10 hours) and I'm not sure I'd recommend. Instead, as you alluded, take a stop (or two) along the way to Merzouga if you have the time. I actually just put together this helpful guide that answers your exact question! There's lots of great places to stop at like Ouarzazate and Dades Gorge. Check it out and let me know if it was helpful! Happy travels!

roamingaroundtheworld.com/a-diy-desert-trip-…

4. Re: Best way to get from Marrakech to Merzouga?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2015, 05:15