We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dades Valley

Which Ouarzazate hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
3 posts
Save Topic
Dades Valley

I am travelling with a friend in April to Morocco and we will be travelling from Fez to Marrakesh as part of the journey. I have a couple of questions:

1. If we wish to experience the Dades Valley is it best to stop along the way from Fez to Marrakesh or to take a day trip out from Marrakesh? We will be taking a car from Fez to Marrakesh.

2. Has anyone experiences of the Valley of the Roses in spring? What do you think?

3. Is it acheivable to stop at the Cascades d'Ouzoud on the way from Fez to Marrakesh (if going the more direct route) or would it be best to do this as a day trip from Marrakesh?

Thanks to anyone in advance.

Morocco
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dades Valley

Can you please be more clear in your post ?

- How many days you'll have in totaly in Morocco ??

Therefore i would be able to help in drawing up an itinerary of course includs all places you mentioned.

You can write to me in private : (dunestreasures@yahoo.com) i will more then happy to provide any info you need.

Cheers

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
337 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dades Valley

HI,

To experience Dades Valley,you will do it from taking a trip from Marrakesh,as the valley of Dades is the road from Ourzazate to great south ,that is it is betweem Ourzazate and Tinghir.

The valley is so lovely during all the year , but it is at its most excting time is in Spring as the valley is ornated with different colours of flowers.

It is nice to remind the first visitors to Morocco that the last week of April, that area celebrates its annual flowers festival.

I believe that it is preferable to take a day trip from Marrakesh to visit Ouzoud.

Have nice day.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dades Valley

well Fez to Marrakech is a bit hard in one day, but fesable. You can also spend the night at Beni Mellal, then take the road to the Cascades d'Ouzoud, really a nice place to visit

Or from Fez you can go to Midelt, then Errachidia for the night, then the Dades Valley to Ouarzazate, spend the night at the riad Les Tourmalines and reach Marrakech the day after ...

Brisbane
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dades Valley

Thankyou all for your helpful responses.

5. Re: Dades Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 00:16