We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IS car rental safe in Morocco??

Which Ouarzazate hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
116 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
IS car rental safe in Morocco??

Hello,

Is it safe to rent a car in morocco?We are2 australians and would prefer to self drive bt are a bit hesitant. Should we be?? We would rent it from Marrakech and drive to Ouirgane,Ouarzate and Skoura and on to Fez?

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IS car rental safe in Morocco??

Hi uaflier.

I would say that car rental/self-driving is safe & fun in Morocco as long as you are a confident driver, and you get your rental from a major rental co. (Avis, Hertz, SIXT, etc.)

If you are a nervous driver or can't drive a 5-speed, perhaps the drivng is best left to someone else. If you are calm and experienced at the wheel, and good at driving stick, you'll be fine.

The roads are in good shape and are well marked for the most part.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IS car rental safe in Morocco??

Hi I looked at issue the other week as well. After the help of others tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293730-i9195-k234…

It looks like we might use a guide for a 14 day trip. Not that I'm put off the driving, it was just that the hassle of finding a place to park it in the cities, is taken care of. We can be dropped off at the ideal spot, and wonder.

Grafton Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IS car rental safe in Morocco??

Hi usaflier, I've driven there 3 times and am returning this March. This time I'll be driving a 9 seater Mercedes Mini Van.

The roads are good and there isn't much traffic. The cities are another thing entirely. I find a petrol station on outskirts, ask one of the many motorbike riders there to guide me to hotel, find ou desired fee, negotiate and follow to destination. Pay guide.

I always look on net for hire cars. Have used Europcar, Budget.

4. Re: IS car rental safe in Morocco??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 04:15