We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers to Ouarzazate from Marrakesh?

Reading, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers to Ouarzazate from Marrakesh?

Hi All,

I am planning a 1 week holiday to Ouarzazate with my wife, and have found what looks like a really nice hotel and flights, but I need to arrange my own transfers to Ouarzazate from Marrakesh, which I understand is 3 hours away. Does anyone know how much a Taxi would be, or is bus a better option? Our flight would arrive at 8:30pm, so I guess we could be ready to leave at 9:30pm Failing that, are there any good, clean hotels near the airport?

Many thanks!

Nate

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,256 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers to Ouarzazate from Marrakesh?

Hi,

Personally I would recommend you stay overnight in Marrakech on arrival and go to Ouarzazate the next day. You can get to Gueliz in around 15 minutes by taxi and there are many hotels there. Look at Hotels Nassim, Diwane or Renaissance for example.

www.ctm.ma will give you bus timetables and prices or a private transer could be around 1000 Dirhams if you prefer. Your hotel in Ouarzazate may offer to collect you.

Edited: 07 June 2013, 13:00
Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers to Ouarzazate from Marrakesh?

Actually, there are several hotels within walking distance from the → NEW ← CTM Bus Terminal in Ouarzazate. Check the map for Ouarzazate in your guidebook.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,984 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers to Ouarzazate from Marrakesh?

Marrakech to Ouarzazate is about 4.5 hours over the High Atlas mountains, so this is something you definitely should NOT do at night time. It's not at all a short hop type of journey. CTM bus is about 80dh each plus 5dh luggage.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers to Ouarzazate from Marrakesh?

Agree, stay over in Marrakech, no bus is going so late and to take shared taxi and drive in the night is not to recommend. For to complement there is also Supratour buses, www.oncf.ma, the price is the same as with CTM. Both are the same so if one is busy you can take the other.

Edited: 09 June 2013, 11:06
5. Re: Transfers to Ouarzazate from Marrakesh?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 05:17