We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Ouarzazate to Marrakech via Ait Ben Haddou

London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
From Ouarzazate to Marrakech via Ait Ben Haddou

We will be travelling this route in July. Is the best option to take a return grande taxi trip to Ait Ben Haddou from Ouarzazate and then take the 4pm bus from Ouarzazate to Marrakkech? Is there a stop in between that we could catch the bus from?

Also I've heard that the sunset at Ait Ben Haddou is worth a wait but as we've booked accommodation in Marrakech for the night. Would the only means of transport at that time be grande taxi? And how expensive might that be?

Thanks in advance,

Chen

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,729 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Ouarzazate to Marrakech via Ait Ben Haddou

The junction of the Ait Benhaddou road with the main road at Tabouraht is a stopping point for the bus. So long as you buy your ticket in advance you could return from Ait Benhaddou as far as Tabouraht and catch the bus there.

Stick N30 58.509 W7 06.090 into Google Maps to check the location.

I would never, EVER, travel at night in a grand taxi over the Tizi n'Tichka.

Edited: 20 March 2014, 20:02
London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Ouarzazate to Marrakech via Ait Ben Haddou

Thank you TimCullis. Roughly how long would you say we will need to see Ait Benhaddou? Since that would dictate roughly when we left from Ouarzazate.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,729 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Ouarzazate to Marrakech via Ait Ben Haddou

Anything from 30 seconds to several hours. And do NOT pay anyone to get access, it's not private property and any money collected is just a scam.

It's increasingly commercial and rather artificial, so I'm not a great fan. I prefer the Telouet kasbah, see morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Edited: 21 March 2014, 10:12
London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Ouarzazate to Marrakech via Ait Ben Haddou

Sorry for reviving this topic but I was just wondering, is there an actual stop at Tabouraht in which we can board or will we need to hail down the Supratours bus? And when buying the ticket would we be buying a Tabouraht to Marrakech ticket or an Ouarzazate to marrakech ticket. Sorry it's just that I can't find a list of stops Supratours take along the way.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,371 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Ouarzazate to Marrakech via Ait Ben Haddou

Agree with Tim, Ait BenHaddou has been destroyed not only of all tourists but even of the people who build shops inside, are going and selling theirs service, plus even all movie makers when they restored ksar for to made good movies.

6. Re: From Ouarzazate to Marrakech via Ait Ben Haddou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:17