We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry San Jorge - Ometepe

Utrecht
Level Contributor
222 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry San Jorge - Ometepe

Can anyone tell me how I can make reservations for the ferry from San Jorge to Ometepe?

If we decide not to take the car with us on the island, is it still recommended to make reservations?

Mentioned in this post
San Jorge
San Jorge
Rivas Department, Nicaragua
indiana
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry San Jorge - Ometepe

You definitely need to make reservations to take a car with you. My understanding of the process (we decided not to) was that you should call to make the reservation a few days ahead of time in order to ensure that there is room. If you decide to not take a car, I don't think you need reservations. We just showed up, got on the ferry, and a man came around to collect for the fare once we were on our way.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry San Jorge - Ometepe

In order to cross the vehicle you will need to make a reservation at least with one week or more ahead of time. If you decide not to cross the car all you need to do is hsow up at the port and pay once you are there.

Utrecht
Level Contributor
222 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry San Jorge - Ometepe

I don't know which number to call to maken reservations, doe any of you know?

If we decide not to take the car, I heard there's a guarded parkinglot at the port. Do you think it's safe to park the car here for 3 days?

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry San Jorge - Ometepe

If you are renting a high clearance vehicle, I would take the car. Transportation options are very limnited, and you will be stuck at your hotel unless you've made other arrangements. If you just have a regular vehicle, you will be able to drive it on the one paved road, but that is it; ruts are just too deep elsewhere.

5. Re: Ferry San Jorge - Ometepe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Ometepe