We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buggers

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
buggers

I will be spending some time on the island... have been told that there are no mosquitoes/sand flies. Is this true? I find that hard to believe... what kind of bugs can I expect to be bitten by?

Edited: 12 July 2012, 20:41
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buggers

We didn't have any trouble with anything but a dusk and dawn like anywhere tropical and even in the north the "buggers" can be feeding. So where long loose pants and have your spray handy .....Avon Skin so soft works! There are also white flies at different seasons, or when there is no wind ....but they don't bite though can be annoying. Stay in a place with screened windows !!!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buggers

Surprisingly true as Lesther A points out, the mosquito problem is low, unless you wander into a mangrove or jungle area, but usually light/long pants at night if you are sitting out with a little green eco insect repellent will be adequate. Flies (similar to house flies) are a little more aggressive, but spray keeps them away too. Have a great holiday.

3. Re: buggers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 05:46