We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ometepe 1 or 2 night from Granada

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
291 reviews
Save Topic
ometepe 1 or 2 night from Granada

I am going back to Granada next year. I am thinking of going to Ometepe one weekend. I think it will be at least one night. I am not able to do hiking etc. I just want a quiet stay. I may have a guide in Granada. I am not sure how to put this together. The standard tours are based on 2 people and I am just guy.

I need the advise of forum members.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ometepe 1 or 2 night from Granada

Your hotel in Granada will definitely be able to set something up for just you, should it come to that, but since there's plenty of time before you arrive, chances are someone will join you. Ometepe for one night? Not a great distance from Granada, but you will be better relaxed if you did 2.

Have fun planning your vacation.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ometepe 1 or 2 night from Granada

Thanks Cajon. I take Spanish all week. Might be able to go on Friday after class.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ometepe 1 or 2 night from Granada

That's super!...Pura Vida, Mae.

Ometepe (don't know if you've been before) has a special zen vibe attached to it, needs to be absorbed with time.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ometepe 1 or 2 night from Granada

If having a guide in Granada is Nice but remember as you said you will pay for 2 people even if you are only one, Now a day there are so many small tour operators in Granada that do budget tours not great but save some money but if you have the chance to book with one of them my choice will be tierra tours are the ones with more experience and do tours all around. Now to go to Ometepe remember that the last ferry leaves about 5 that means or you go by private shuttle or check the bus from Granada rivas when you are in Granada because i do not remember the schedule right now, once on the island you can rent a motorcycle that will be the best way to explore the island by your self a guide book can always help but if you do not find one back home there are good chances that you find a used one in Euro cafe, Lucha libro or Garden cafe.

Keep enjoying Nicaragua.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ometepe 1 or 2 night from Granada

thanks Byron. i have a handicap so renting a motorcycle is out. I am staying with a host family again in granada. Yes I have been to Tierra but the problem I found with them is it is based on more than one person all the time. I thought this time I would do it differently. I don't know if you know Chip the driver or Geovanny from the Casa San Francisco. I used them last time. Chip was very relaxed and like an old friend. I will get him for my MGA transfer so will ask him about Leon as well. Ometepe is an idea but given my physical situation not sure if it is right for me

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ometepe 1 or 2 night from Granada

I do not chip and maybe Geovany but to be honest Ometepe do requiere certain habilities even to get into the ferry so i would recommend Leon instead.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ometepe 1 or 2 night from Granada

Thanks I am planing leon for the last weekend

8. Re: ometepe 1 or 2 night from Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Ometepe