We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback riding on Isla de Ometepe

Washington DC...
11 posts
Save Topic
Horseback riding on Isla de Ometepe

I am looking for horseback riding recommendations on Ometepe. I am experienced and like to run the horses, rather than go for a trail ride. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with horseback riding on the island? I would love to find a good place with good horses to do some riding, not just a slow trail ride.

Thank you!

atlanta
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback riding on Isla de Ometepe

Most of the horses that you can rent I have seen in Santa Marta. But keep in mind, it's the dry season and some of them look skinny. Not sure I would want to run them to much. :(

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,493 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback riding on Isla de Ometepe

yeah, we rented horses when we were there. They did allow you to run them. I did not, mine had enough trouble just walking. His back legs kept going out. Turned out he was in his 20's. I am pretty light <120lbs. Hate to think of him carrying anyone bigger.

You might read the reviews on Haris Horses, we did not use them. He seems well respected. I don't know who we rented from...

I loved Ometepe just wished I would have hiked the falls rather than taking that poor horse.

3. Re: Horseback riding on Isla de Ometepe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 06:16