We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to nigeria with young children.

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travel to nigeria with young children.

Iam traveling to nigeria with my nigerian partner and 2 young children 3 and 18 months. Is it safe any concerns i should have? any do's and dont's ? Anything that will ease my mind from somebody that has travelled there with children. i have travelled alot pre baby days but now ha e to think about them first not just me.

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to nigeria with young children.

You must also make sure you and your children are vaccinated, be careful of the food where you eat, buy bottled water i am concerned you have a young baby too.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to nigeria with young children.

Hi - planning a trip with my Nigerian husband and two year old, is there anything you learned from your travels. Like yourself I travel pre-kid but having a little one makes everything different. We have the vaccinated covered already.

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to nigeria with young children.

Oh we had the most fantastic time, no fears and no worries in the 6 weeks we where there,only time I was having minni heart attackes was with the driving its insane and there is no care for others on the road, but then I also drive on the left in New Zealand so could added to the stress of it.

My advice would be take food alot of food for your wee one and i am not joking forget clothes, pack food my children are hardly fussy when at home eat the food my partner cooks but boy it was difficult over there. Its expensive not as cheap as you would think but as soon as the see a white woman they see dollar signs. I would only go markets to look not buy and my sisiter in law would go later and buy what I want half the price she even told me not to come any more after our first time shopping together

Get use to doing nothing so take books your partners family will treat you like a queen, and it hard to get use too after being a hard working mum of 2 I would sneak to do dishes and mop house when people were not around.

I boosted my childrens immune before leaving and during I would give daily dose of stronge fish oil, echinature and high potency vit c and the only issues with the kids where a bit of runny tummy and heat rash.

Have a blast when are you going, any other questions email me,

zoe

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to nigeria with young children.

Thank you so much!!! agreed about the food, my husband warned me:)

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel to nigeria with young children.

Me think Zoe has spoken the mind of the few who have truely been to Nigeria with a positive experience. Like any where you travel to be prepared and enjoy it all the way.

Shanghai
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: travel to nigeria with young children.

Hi Zoe, sounds good! What did you about Malaria? Look forward to your reply.

7. Re: travel to nigeria with young children.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2016, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Lagos