We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More time in Aguas Calientes or go back to Cusco

Guam, USA
Level Contributor
443 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
More time in Aguas Calientes or go back to Cusco

Hello,

After Inka Trail and Machu Picchu, we are debating whether to stay two nights in Aguas Calientes and one night in Cusco (before taking the train to Puno), or staying one night in Aguas Calientes and two nights in Cusco.

We will already have spent three nights in Cusco before doing the Inka Trail.

Reason I am not sure is because there doesn't seem to be very much to do at all in Aguas Calientes.

Thanks for the insight!

Oregon
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: More time in Aguas Calientes or go back to Cusco

My preference would be to spend the extra night in Cusco.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More time in Aguas Calientes or go back to Cusco

You could also consider a night in one of the Sacred Valley towns such as Ollantaytambo, which has a day's worth of sights, or if in Cusco you could visit Pisac.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
947 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More time in Aguas Calientes or go back to Cusco

One night in AC should be fine. I agree spend the nights in another town if you already spent 3 in Cusco. There really isnt much to do in AC. I would suggest Olltatamybo.

4. Re: More time in Aguas Calientes or go back to Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 00:19