We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquas Cal..Hot Springs?

Warner Robins...
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Aquas Cal..Hot Springs?

Is the Hot Springs a clean area and is it a natural thermal underground water supply..what is the water temperture..what is the entrance fee and how close is it to the train station..what are the hours of operation..do they furnish you with a towel or lockers? thanks so much for your help!!!!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Aquas Cal..Hot Springs?

Went there last Jan. after MP for a soak

10 soles admission not 10 dollars usually crowded

A few concrete fakey funky looking lukewarm pools

not very deep you have to buy towells and lockers

Been to a lot of hot springs this was the worst...

Skip it do something else

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
234 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Aquas Cal..Hot Springs?

My friends and I were completely disappointed in the hot springs in Aguas Calientes. Hated them and left after less than an hour.

It's a picturesque setting, and that's the best I can say about them. There are several pools but they're all quite small, lukewarm at best water, no seating (but people line the wall anyway), dirty and smelly (I know they're mineral springs but there was something that seemed more just green and smelly than refreshing and mineral about them), cold showers (there is one area with 3 hot streams of water and they're always taken), depressing changing facilities, and super-full of people, especially if an entire Inca Trail tour group arrives at once. Hmm maybe that's why the water seems dirty - imagine a pack of hikers who haven't showered in 4 days all getting into one of these pools. (Guilty as charged)

They charge for lockers, though you have to specially ask for a locker rather than having your bag thrown into open shelves in the storage area. They charge for towel rentals. Obviously they charge for admission. It's a long walk up from town and wasn't, to me, remotely worth it.

The hot springs in Colca Canyon at La Calera were infinitely better. Nothing fancy, but true hot water that seemed quite clean, hot showers to rinse in, private changing rooms lining the pool, private lockers right by the pool where you could keep an eye on them, massages available... They charged for everything too, but what you got in return was much more worth it.

Honestly, the main problem I had with the hot springs in Aguas Calientes was that they were not hot. And all other amenities aside, isn't that what you want in a hot spring?

As for other things to do in Aguas Calientes, there's a quite extensive artisan market right by the train station. It's more expensive than other markets but, for me at least, fairly fun to browse.

13. Re: Aquas Cal..Hot Springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 06:30