We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aguas Caliente to Cusco - all train or train + taxi?

Marquette, MI
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Aguas Caliente to Cusco - all train or train + taxi?

Any advice on whether it would be better to take the train all the way back to Cusco from Aguas Caliente or just to Ollantaytambo, then taxi to Cusco, in terms of time, money and convenience? I won't not looking for more sightseeing in Ollanytay, as I'll be there before I go to Aguas Caliente, and am heading to Pucallpa the next day.

Thank you!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aguas Caliente to Cusco - all train or train + taxi?

If there is just one person traveling,going to Cusco (Poroy) is probably less expensive. If there are two or more sharing at taxi, probably Ollanta.

There are many more trains to Olly. So see if the times to Cusco are convenient for you.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aguas Caliente to Cusco - all train or train + taxi?

Went AC to Ollantaytambo $29

then shared a Taxi to Cusco 10 soles

Quicker cheaper better than going to Poroy...

Marquette, MI
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aguas Caliente to Cusco - all train or train + taxi?

Thanks for the helpful info. everyone!

4. Re: Aguas Caliente to Cusco - all train or train + taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 06:18